Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Monday, August 31, 2009

Still feels like vacation

Today is my third day (second full day) here in Tampa. It has been pretty low key lately, just relaxing and getting used to my new surroundings. Today I was able to use the convenient carwash port in the apartment complex- sweet! That will definitely save me some money while I am here. Back in Indiana when I used to wash my cars in my parents driveway, I would get a little hot but the water helped cool me down. Here its a different ball game! Whew! What a difference a thousand miles makes.

After the carwash, it was definitely time to cool down. I found one of the four (yes, four!) pools in the neighborhood and relaxed for awhile. It was so hot that I could only lay in the sun 10 minutes before I had to get into the pool. It was all worth it! I am starting to become tan already and I was only outside for a little over an hour today.

Now I am catching up on my articles. I have been slacking lately, but I plan to continue sharing my work with all my friends and readers in Indianapolis. If you haven't yet checked out my articles, please search for the Indianapolis Events Examiner (me!) and browse through. You may just find something entertaining to do this month.

I took another walk around the path near the canal. Its so great being able to take in the view of palm trees, the ocean and tropical animals while walking around. This place is definitely going to get me working out more often. Of course my half and hour walks around the area are enough to make me exhausted. My body is not quite ready for the heat! At first I thought not having cable and internet were going to be hard... but its kept me active. Once work starts up, it'll be even easier. At least I can still come to B&N to enjoy a tasty beverage and cave into my internet addiction :p

I probably won't keep writing EVERY day while I am here. I will definitely write when there is something interesting and entertaining going on in my life in Tampa. There are sure to be some more adventures in this ciudad de loco. (There's my spanglish kicking in)

No comments:

Post a Comment