Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, September 6, 2009

First week

My first week in Tampa has come and gone and I am completely oblivious to the fact that I am in Florida haha. I wake up, go to work, do my thing and go home. Sometimes I feel as if I am working a new job in Indy. That is until the palm trees, ocean and weather gives me a dose of reality and I realize that I am in Tampa, Florida. Its crazy - but I am loving it here so far aside from the having to make my way to Starbucks for internet haha!

My roommate and my friend are gone for the weekend so I am going solo in my first full weekend down here- AND it happens to be a long weekend. So here I sit in my home away from home... at the Barnes and Noble Starbucks using free WiFi to cure the boredom. I would try to go to the pool or something today, but the weather will not cooperate. I figured that out yesterday as I get all the way to the pool and it started storming. Its been off and on raining today and its tricky - seeing a sunny sky when it is raining. Its kind of cool to see but at the same time I just wish it would go away!

As far as work goes, I am enjoying it for the most part. I got eased into my first week, only working 3 days. And my next week will be different, too. I work 3 days in the office and then I am off to travel to an event. I will be working more days in a row, yet I will be enjoying myself, I think.

Other than that, not much has changed. We will see how things go in the coming weeks. Check back and see :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment