Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Monday, August 24, 2009

Relocation

Sometimes recent graduates have a tough time finding jobs in their hometowns. As the job market shrinks, it becomes harder and hard to find a job. The best way to assure you will find a decent job in adequate time is to keep an open mind, especially in a recession. This includes being willing to relocate from your hometown. This especially holds true when you have an ideal career path in mind.

Recently I have accepted an internship far from my hometown. As a matter of fact, the job is in an entirely different state. This will be the first time I have been this far from family. I am fortunate to have a friend in the same area, which will help immensely. Some are not so lucky, but they are brave! Had I not had a friend in the area, I would have still taken the position. I have learned that you cannot pass up something just because it is not what you expected.

Life is unexpected and you have to keep an open mind for all of the surprises. This will be the motto for my life for the next three months ( at least). Anything can happen - I may love it there... I may hate it. Who knows! No one ever knows for sure unless they go for it. So carpe diem - seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment