Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Monday, May 6, 2013

The power of music

Its amazing how a simple song can bring a flood of emotions and a stream of tears in an instant. Of course, not all songs bring back sad memories. There are always those lyrics that bring back the fun times as well. The most memorable songs, though, tend to resurface those tough feelings.

Tonight while watching The Voice, oddly enough, I had one of those moments. Sarah Simons sang and oldie but a goodie. "Angel" by Sarah McLaughlin. It instantly brought memories of my good friend, a brother, Caleb. He recently passed in a car accident. There are moments I still cannot believe he is truly gone. He was always so happy and lively. He always was there for his friends... in good times and bad. Caleb always brought made us laugh or at least brought a smile to everyone's face. He was great.

Although this song reminded me he is no longer here, it also brought me comfort. I know that Caleb is with the angels. I know they saved him from any suffering. I know he is at peace. I just hope he knows how much his friendship meant to me... and means to me still.

Another song that brings back the memories of Caleb is Lee Brice's "I drive your truck". Although I never drove his truck... I can remember that bright blue truck cruising the strip. He was so proud of that... and we all teased him. And though I have seen him drive other vehicles, I will always remember Caleb and his truck.

Brice's song brings back all those great memories and shennanigans we created together. He and the guys are a special breed of friends, of brothers. And even though they live far away and have their own lives... I feel forever linked to them. I hope they and Caleb realize how important they are to me.

I love the power of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment