Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The first day of the rest of my life...

... starts tomorrow.

My whole life has been defined by the decisions I have made -- from following a boy to college, to dating the wrong guy, to quitting a job to moving 1,000 miles away. That all ends today. I am who I am, not what I have done. I want to believe that I can do anything I put my mind to, just like I did before. Recently, that hasn't been the case. Again, that ends today.

I have taken small steps to get back to that mentality. I just began taking courses online that will add a little something to my resume. I have learned that I cannot please everyone and I need to take some time to be a little selfish. No, selfish is not the right word. I need to treat myself like I treat everyone else in my life. I need to not allow people to walk all over me. I need to be open and trusting (to an extent) again. That all starts tonight.

I have also realized I have taken a break from that healthy lifestyle I picked up in Florida. I need to get back to that. I will tomorrow. Running... eating healthy... drinking enough water... avoiding extreme caffeine, etc. It all starts tomorrow.

This year I made a resolution to make this the year of Kim. I need to look out for myself for a change. I have always cared how others thought of me, how others felt about my decisions. What about what I think, how I feel? Its time to be bold, take charge and just be happy.

I cannot wait to embrace the me that I have been and always knew I was. Deep down inside, I have always been here - just hidden by the actions of those who merely pretended to care. Its time to find people who really do. Its time to open my heart to the right people. Its time to say goodbye to the pain, the drama and the confusion. Good riddance.

This summer, this fall... will be amazing. I cannot wait to embrace this great year to be. There is so much I can do... that I can see.

1 comment: