Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"We have to learn to be our own best friends...

... because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemy."

Lately, this quote seems to fit my life to a T. Missed opportunities, sudden goodbyes and rash decisions have gotten the best of me for a number of years. I am only now just realizing how much these things are affecting my happiness. You live and you learn, I guess.

From this day forward, I hope that I will let myself realize the potential of being happy. Whether that is professionally or personally, depends on the situation. I am tired of settling.

Lately every song on the radio has left me reminiscent of past days - days when it was hard to find a smile off my face. I am not unhappy at the present moment - but I am not as happy as I should be. I feel like I have let things, feelings, people slip by me. Why do I do this to myself?

Why does it take me so long to realize what I truly want - until its too late? It annoys me that I have become my own worst enemy. I have let certain situations define me. And that is just not me. I want to throw the past away and live in the present. I want to live for the future. Now it is a matter of figuring out how to do that...

Lately my thoughts are jumbled and my brain is in a fog. Its my own fault, I know. I have said goodbye to so many opportunities ... If I cannot bring the past to me, I need to work on not letting things pass me by in the future. But for now... I need to figure out the present.

My goal from this day forward is to be true to myself, no matter how scary that may be... I need to face my fears because life is too short to let things pass you by.... to say goodbye to great people. I just hope that my past actions will lead me to a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment