Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

God Blessed the Broken Road...

... that lead me to where I am.

In my (almost) 26 years, I have been through a lot more than I ever thought was possible. I've said way-too- early goodbyes to family, friends and acquaintances. Friends have come and friends have gone. Adventures have presented themselves and obstacles have blocked my way. I have had to make many decisions that were difficult, though some were easier than others. Some may not have made sense to anyone but me, but I know I did the best I could do for me.

Everything that has happened in my life has gotten me to where I am right now. If I hadn't gone through the heartache and the stress, I truly believe would not be here in Tampa and happier than I've been in a long, long time. Yes there are things I am still searching for, but I am on my way. A lot of that has to do with the strength my family has given me during the rough times. Never for a second did they lose faith in me, even when I lost faith in myself. They helped me gain the courage and the strength to become the strong, independent and fiercely brave girl that I am right now.

Some people think I'm crazy to have completely uprooted myself from everything I have ever known and move 16 hours away. To be honest, at first I didn't know if I made the right decision. I am starting to see that it was the best adventure I could have gone on. Tampa has made me meet some great people and opened a lot of doors for my future. And although it is hard sometimes, I know I did not make a mistake when I decided to move here.

Anytime I get down and think about things that could have been or things that were, I remember how blessed I am for what I do have. We do not have control over the future or the past. We only have control on how we think about what is going on right now. I choose to remain positive because I have learned everything happens for a reason. Even when you think there is nothing positive about a situation, something happens (or doesn't) that makes you realize you are better off now then you ever were.

No comments:

Post a Comment