Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Time flies...

Its almost unbelievable that it now has been over a year since I graduated from college and took a leap into the real world. It feels like only yesterday I was making the long journey from Indianapolis to Tampa to being an exciting and frightening new adventure.

Within this past year, I have been through quite a lot - more than I could have ever imagined. I never thought I would miss Indiana, but I do get homesick quite a bit. People have told me that I am brave for what I did, for packing up and moving a thousand miles away from anyone and anything I ever knew. Sometimes I think I am crazy, but it has been quite the learning experience. I guess I have never been afraid to leave everything behind and go for what I think is best. That is just me.

While I do not regret any decisions I have made, I cannot say that I have not been though a great deal of pain and conflict. Job searching in a topsy-turvy economy sent me through a whirlwind of emotions. Fortunately, I was able to find a pair of part-time jobs in the sports industry. It is not ideal, but for the time being it will have to work. That was my train of thinking q when I finally landed these jobs. Now that its been about a month, I am starting to evaluate my financial status and I have realized this may just not work out for me. I want to continue on gaining experience in the sports industry so I have something valuable to add to my resume. However, this economy and life in general is sending me an entirely different message. It is about time to start looking for a full-time job with benefits that will pay all my bills. I will just have to find another way to gain valuable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment