Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Friday, July 24, 2009

The End is Near

At least for the summer, that is!

It is almost hard to believe that another month has come and gone. Graduation was almost 3 months ago - crazy! Looking onto the uncertain future is frightening. I was okay with graduation because I knew I had this awesome internship lined up for the summer. It has been a great experience for me working for the Sports Authority and I will never forget all the lessons I have learned throughout the summer. As busy and tired as I got at times, I would not trade all the moments of this summer for anything! (Well maybe an awesome, full-time job that I love perhaps)

I have applied to a few positions so far... but there are not much job availability at the moment. I may have an opportunity to move to Florida and gain more experience and advance into a great career... but I am definitely way ahead of myself right now. My resume is submitted and I am waiting on a phone call, an e-mail.. anything. The good thing is that I have already met and worked with the person who would be hiring me if I get that lucky. So at least she knows I work hard and I know the rules to the game! Wish me luck!

I would love to say I love being out of college, but life is a lot harder on the outside. At least I had a reason not to have a full-time job back then. Now I have to wonder what I will be doing in the months to come. With this lovely economy and the ever-shrinking job market, me and my fellow graduates are fighting for the same jobs. I refuse to settle for something that makes me completely miserable. I can deal with decent... but miserable? No way!

No comments:

Post a Comment