Quote of the Day

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quiet Strength

They say once a broken bone heals, the bone becomes strong than it ever was before. I would like to believe the same is true for hearts. Maybe a heart must break in order for one to know true strength.

At first it may seem that the memory of what was lost is a lingering reminder of what is gone. However, anyone who has ever lost a love knows the strength their heart gains once the wound is healed. As cliche as it sounds, time truly does heal all wounds.

Looking back a year ago, I felt as if the world had stopped spinning, that life had come to a halt. Every time I thought of the past, I remembered the pain. Little did I know, those memories I thought were scars actually made me a lot stronger than ever before.

Its true what they say - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I would tell myself that and then I would pause. I could be in a lot more pain, losing a loved one forever. I only lost a bond, not a person. So many people go through true pain and tough decisions. Who am I to say a lost love is the worst pain ever?

True strength comes from within when the pain you feel seems so intense you don't think you can get through. Thats when you have to remember life is not as bad as it could be and be grateful for all that you have. Sadness and anger do not portray weakness.

Pushing past the pain and climbing that mountain - thats what makes you strong. I would like to believe that I have a special, quiet strength within myself. I feel, reflect and get past any pain or sorrow in my life. It is important to feel, reflect and move past the pain and sorrow I encounter. Each love is a new learning experience in the journey of life.



1 comment: