As the title suggests, this blog is about my independent life in the big city. Life after graduation can be scary & fun all at the same time. This is where I will share my joys & frustrations of life in the real world. Lets call this: the adventures of a college graduate.
Quote of the Day
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown
Friday, June 25, 2010
Life's unexpected blessings
I overheard a professional athlete talking about his wife in an interview today. He was obviously truly in love with her - the kind of love that gives young girls hope to their dream of finding their prince charming. While its not verbatim, I heard him tell the interviewer that he knows he and his wife met for a reason and that they complete one another. His strengths are her weaknesses and vice versa. They are a perfect fit for each other and you can tell how happy the two of them are as a family. Hearing a famous person, let alone a pro athlete, talk about his soul mate gives me hope that someday I will find that. Honestly, it has been a rough few years for me in the love department. Just as my heart healed from a broken heart, someone else broke it again. While its a slow process, I am beginning the healing process once again. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I get a little down when I think about the years that keep passing by without finding true love.While I am independent and perfectly happy being single for the time being, I ultimately want to find that one to share my life with - my best friend. Knowing people have found that kind of love makes me believe I will be able to find that for myself when the time is right. I must keep believing that everything happens for a reason. Timing really is everything when it comes to most things in life. If you are in the right place at the right time, things just seems to fall into place. I am truly glad I heard that interview and I thank God for putting me in the right place at the right time so I was able to restore my faith in true love. Tears truly came to my eyes when I heard him speak of his wife - that has never happened to me unless it was caused by a movie. Wow - true love really is possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment